YOUR POWER BLITZ
A powerful and motivating way to tap into your best work and connect you with your future; shooting more of what you love. This process will get that buzz back (if it’s lost) and help you discover your passion and direction (if it’s been waylaid). It will also focus you on where you want to go, regardless of where you’re at and what you’re shooting.
The aim is to ascertain your strongest 'Wow' work and establish your hero style. This is the most important part of my process with you and includes:
- A selection of your hero work. Shots which have the ‘wow’ factor and should be a part of your hero profile, be it on your website or in your print folio.
- A 30 minute follow up Skype/ phone consult to discuss the above, plus advice on next steps.
This is how it works
You’ll need to supply me with images (see below) but I don't work directly with you whilst doing this process- I just get on with a totally un-influenced damn good sort out of your best work. It's better that you're not in my ear telling me stuff! When people go to your website you're not there to explain anything, so I take the approach that what I see has to say it all.
- Once you've paid you’ll be taken to my calendar.
- Jump into the calendar and choose a day that allows enough time for you to supply everything to me (see below)
- You’ll also receive an invitation to a Dropbox folder (unless we already have one).
- Please accept the invitation- this is how we’ll share images and files. It is unique to you (and me, but no one else has access to your work).
- If you need help with installing or using Dropbox, jump on over here for instructions.
- Load up your images to the folder by your chosen date (if you're outside NZ please allow for the time/ date difference)
- I’ll then blitz your work and sort it into folders in our Dropbox file, PRIOR to our meeting.
- Just before our call I'll pop the folder into our shared Dropbox folder.
Here are the image specs:
- Must be j pegs (No PDF or Tiff files)
- Low res please - no more than 500kb (100kb is adequate)
- Must open to approx 800 pixels in width
- Send everything from your existing website - Commissioned and personal
- No spreads/ montages/ diptychs please- must be separate images even if they ran together
- No typography, logos or copy if possible (unless it is part of the shot)
- Some ungraded/ Work in progress shots are fine but please indicate this- perhaps put them in a separate folder
- Include images that you are most proud of, and enjoyed shooting, and could see yourself shooting more.
- Include personal shots (This is crucial so that I understand your true passion).
- Please put everything in one folder- no separate folders (See exception 7 above)
- If in doubt, include it! (Within reason- see 12)
- No more than 300 images please.